Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Banana

 I woak up w/ a cold...not to happy am I! I hopped to Walmart to get a little somethin' somethin' so I could feel better. When on my way out of the parking lot I saw a homeless man asking for change. The car ahead of me rolled down it's window and handed the old fellow a banana. The little fella was over come w/ joy! First he made a quick phone call on the banana and then jumped around and had the hugest grin on his face. To say he was PLEASED would be a great understatement! Today I was reminded the need and the blessing (to us and others) of small kindnesses!


2 comments:

Callie said...

Way to be nice :)

The Tattered Cottage said...

My father and I were out shopping once and while leaving the parking lot, there was a homeless man with a sign asking for money. When I did not offer any money my dad asked why....I told him because I thought the homeless man would buy alcohol. My father knows that I do try to help those less fortunate in my community and that every year I sponsor a family for Christmas. He was a little shocked at what I had said. My father then said something that I will never forget. "Either you are charitable or you are not....you can not put stipulations on charity. You don't know what it may take for that man to make it through a cold winter night..." I have never forgot my dad's wisdom.
Merry Christmas,
Toni