Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I cross my heart! Hope to die! Stick a needle in my eye!

Today I went and had Punctual Cauterization. Wikipedia says this:

[edit] Cauterization
If punctal plugs are effective, thermal[6] or electric[1] cauterization of puncti can be performed.
In thermal cauterization, a local anesthetic is used, and then a hot wire is applied.[6] This shrinks the drainage area tissues and causes scarring, which closes the tear duct.[6]

HOLY PAINFUL!! Ever had a needle stuck in your eye lid? Ever tried to keep your eye lid open while a needle is coming toward your eye? Ever tried to be nice to your doctor who looks like "The Bachelor" while a burning, stinging, melting sensation is happening in your eye hole? Ever had to pay a boat load for so much pain?? I did!! Holy Painful!!

Let's all take a moment and pray this helps!! More tomorrow folks! Happy Winter!


1 comment:

lagirl/Sweet Tea said...

I truly don't think I could sit there and let someone do that to me. I have a friend who has a degenerative eye condition and she has to get shots in her eye occasionally. I hope this was a one time thing and you NEVER have to do that again. God bless you,Girl!