Sunday, December 27, 2009

Martha Washington

I read the most powerful book over the Christmas break!! It is about Martha and George Washington. It tells in first person the humble up bringing of their family and of the great nation that we live in. I must admit I had no idea of the struggles and the sorrow that were had so that I could live in freedom. I am grateful for great women who have made great men to do great things!! (I also feel this way about Emma Smith).

"It is said that without George Washington there would be no United States, but without Martha, there would be no George Washington. "

In his eyes, she was truly his "other self".




1 comment:

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I loved your idea about my two-tiered stand! A glass knob...brilliant. I'll have to give it a try. You are always solving problems for me. Did you check out my paint color question? You should share you wisdon with me on that one. :)